Asterisk is a group of tightly knit, self-motivated players whose goal is to clear content efficiently with those we enjoy playing with. Originally founded in 2018, Asterisk has always been about ensuring everyone's time is used wisely in raid and that everyone is continuously striving to be their best. Our environment is best described as lighthearted and fun, but sharp and focused when necessary.
The 5 Virtues of Asterisk
Each point of the Asterisk star represents a virtue that we value as a community. All five are foundational in creating a team of self-motivated players who strive to be their best when pursuing goals together.
VALUING THE BONDS THAT WE BUILD AND THE WORK WE DO TOGETHER
PURSUING OUR GOALS IN SPITE OF THE MANY OBSTACLES WE MAY FACE
CHOOSING YOUR THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS BASED ON VALUES RATHER THAN GAIN
CONSIDERING THE PERSPECTIVES OF OTHERS IN EVERY SITUATION
BRINGING OUT THE LIGHTER SIDE OF A SITUATION AND PUTTING SMILES ON FACES
Raid Times (PST)
Progression Mondays: 7:00PM - 10:00PM
Farm Wednesdays: 7:00PM - 10:00PM
Alt Fridays: 7:00PM - 10:00PM (OPTIONAL)
Things we expect from all guild members
- Be a part of the community: Socialize with us! We want everyone to join in on the conversation.
- Only you can prevent toxicity: We are a community free from toxicity, racism, and bigotry.
- No cliques: We’ve worked hard to ensure our community is –inclusive and intend to keep it that way.
Things we expect from raiders
- Optimize your main character and performance: Know your character’s optimal gear, talents, legendaries, conduits, and rotation.
- Seek upgrades outside of raid: We ask you complete a minimum of one Mythic+ 10 or higher per week for a 220 in your chest.
- Always strive for improvement: No one is perfect. Everyone will make mistakes every now and again. Learn from your mistakes.
- Familiarize yourself with each encounter: This can save us a lot of time on progression nights!
- Be on time: Be in the raid with all consumable buffs and ready to pull by raid start time.
- Come prepared: Most consumables are provided, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t bring some just in case.
- If you have to miss a raid please post in the #leave-of-absence channel: Life happens, just let us know when it does.
- Use your microphone properly: Don’t backseat raid lead! If you have background noise use push-to-talk.
- Know when it’s time for laughs and time for focus: When focus is necessary please don’t distract others.
- Minimize random AFK’s: We take a 10 minute break halfway through the raid, try to hold off on breaks until then.
Consumables and Repairs
- Two cauldrons will be provided during progression nights, which provide a total of 3 flasks for everyone
- Feasts and food are provided to raiders by the guild bank
- The “Raider” tab in the guild bank will have various consumables within that you may access
- Guild repairs are turned on during raid nights
- If an item drops that is not needed, it will go to an open roll for main spec
- “Raiders” that have been in the guild less than a week do not have priority for loot rolled out this way
- BoEs that drop follow the same rules as above and MUST be equipped immediately